- Nelson, K., Burchfield, E. (2017). Effects of the Structure of Water Rights on Agricultural Production During Drought: A Spatio-temporal Analysis of California’s Central Valley. Water Resources Research, 53.
- Nay, J., Burchfield, E., Gilligan, J. (2016). A machine learning approach to forecasting remotely sensed vegetation health. In press. International Journal of Remote Sensing. Check out the project website here.
- Burchfield, E., Gilligan, J. (2016). Agricultural adaptation to drought in the Sri Lankan dry zone. Applied Geography, 77, 92-100.
- Burchfield, E., Gilligan, J. (2016). Dynamics of individual and collective agricultural adaptation to water scarcity. Winter Simulation Conference 2016 Proceedings.
- Burchfield, E., Nay, J., Gilligan, J. (2016). Application of machine learning to prediction of vegetation health. The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences. XLI-B2, 465-469, doi:10.5194/isprs-archives-XLI-B2-465-2016.
- Gunda, T., Benneyworth, L., Burchfield, E. (2015). Exploring water indices and associated parameters: A case study approach, Water Policy, 17(1), 98 – 111.